Neighborhood favorite Louis Oosthuizen has pulled out of the Johannesburg Open up commencing on Thursday following a freak incident that will go down as just one of sport’s far more uncommon accidents.
JOHANNESBURG: Neighborhood favorite Louis Oosthuizen has pulled out of the Johannesburg Open up commencing on Thursday following a freak incident that will go down as just one of sport’s far more uncommon accidents.
The 2010 British Open up winner harm his fingers when they were caught involving two airport trollies as he returned to South Africa from competing at the Mauritius Open up this previous weekend.
Oosthuizen, who is in extreme agony and not able to grip his golf equipment, said he did not want to possibility commencing a tournament he could not end and deny a further player the possibility to contend.
“This early morning is even worse than it was yesterday, so I experimented with to grip a golf club but there’s no way I can go to my grip posture,” he said in a information meeting on Wednesday.
“It’s a little bit of an regrettable just one, but I really do not want to tee off Thursday and play just one gap or a couple photographs and then withdraw following having someone’s place. You know, I just simply cannot do that. So, I’m going to have to withdraw from this just one.”
Cody Martin of the United States has been drafted into Oosthuizen’s a few-ball that also contains very last week’s winner in Mauritius, Dylan Frittelli, and Jazz Janewattananond of Thailand.
The Joburg Open up at the Royal Johannesburg & Kensington Golfing Club is aspect of the European Tour’s Global Program, co-sanctioned by the Asian Tour and South Africa’s Sunshine Tour.
(Reporting by Nick Claimed Modifying by Ken Ferris)