The term automation, inspired by the earlier word automatic is the use of various control systems for operating equipment such as machinery, processes in factories, boilers and heat treating ovens, switching on telephone networks, steering and stabilization of ships, aircraft and other applications and vehicles with minimal or reduced human intervention. Some processes have been completely automated.
The biggest benefit of automation is that it saves labor; however, it is also used to save energy and materials and to improve quality, accuracy and precision.
Industrial Automation has tremendous opportunities. As an automation engineer, you could get opportunities with:
1. OEMs & SPM manufacturers
2. System Integrators & Product Channel partners
3. The Parent Product companies
4. Automation Solutions Companies
5. Any Manufacturing company
6. Any Process company, and
7. IT Industry
This is a very vast space and considering that Automation is inevitable in any industry where productivity & efficiency matter, there is no doubt that the demand for Skilled Automation engineers will only increase
The opportunities for you that exist are as follows :
1. System Integrators: People who put together entire systems including Panel, PLC systems, Field connectivity , programming etc.
2. Design Engineering: where an automation engineer is expected to put together system configurations based on application requirements as well draft the design drawings for the system.
3. OEM/SPM: You need to identify machine manufacturers to work with for machine automation and programming.
4. Manufacturing Companies: Companies need automation persons for maintenance and project engineering.
5. Pre Sales: Product companies dealing in automation and its allied products e.g sensors, transmitters etc need application engineers to prove automation concepts prior to product sales.
6. Sales: The best role since it requires tremendous ability to understand technical applications and relate it with products or projects being carried by the automation engineer to the market. This is a high skill role and involves technical, people skills, people interaction and revenue generation
The companies Hiring Automation Engineer to name a few are: Renault Nissan Technologies, Ranstad, Wipro, Accenture, SAP Labs, Steria India, etc
Automation as an industry is very huge and well paying. It is suffering from lack of skilled engineers. So, if you equip yourself well such that you can be deployed on a project as soon as you are recruited, you will carry great value
So What’s next?
• Based on your current sub-domain, i.e. hardware or software, you should look for brushing up your technical skills, especially embedded systems, electrical engineering, basic programming skills.
• You may want to learn App/Web development and UI design basics, if you have relevant background.
• Finally apply for suitable open positions.
And such Job Opportunities are plenty just a click away, yes log in to www.freshersworld.com and apply for the jobs now itself.
We would like to listen to your feedback and questions on the videos that we upload. Also write in the comment section about the topics you would wish us to discuss on. For more videos, please like and subscribe to Freshersworld’s YouTube channel on jobs and careers. We would come up with more interesting topics, so keep visiting us, thank you.
Download our app today to manage recruitment when ever and where ever you want : Link :https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.freshersworld.jobs&hl=en
***Disclaimer: This is just a training video for candidates and recruiters. The name, logo and properties mentioned in the video are proprietary property of the respective organizations. The Preparation tips and tricks are an indicative generalized information. In no way Freshersworld.com, indulges into direct or indirect promotion of the respective Groups or organizations.